The BUSY Schools recognise the importance of providing the opportunity to improve the social, educational and employment outcomes of young people, in particular, those who have disengaged or who are at risk of disengaging.
We are a Queensland special assistance school approved by the Non-State Schools Accreditation Board under the Education (Accreditation of Non-State Schools) Act 2017.
All senior students are mapped out with an individual SET plan in consultation with our Careers Education Teacher and/or Guidance Officer, teaching staff and parents, in line with students’ interests, strengths and ability. Students are given the opportunity to guide their own learning journeys, as well as enter into the workplace. Student pathways provide students at The BUSY Schools with the opportunity to complete their Queensland Certificate of Education (QCE) or have been identified to receive a Queensland Certificate of Individual Achievement (QCIA).
Students at The BUSY Schools will complete three core Applied Senior subjects, endorsed through the Queensland Curriculum and Assessment Authority (QCAA). All students will complete Essential English, Essential Mathematics and Social & Community Studies plus additional electives/courses from a range Vocational Education and Training courses under the Australian Qualifications framework to achieve a minimum of 20 QCE points.
An example of a ‘typical’ QCE pathway for a student at The BUSY School.
- Essential English (4 points)
- Essential Mathematics (4 points)
- Social and Community Studies (4 points)
- School-based traineeship or apprenticeship
- Certificate III in Business
- Certificate II in Sport & Recreation
- Certificate II in Plumbing
- Certificate II in Engineering Pathways
- Certificate I in Construction
- Certificate II in Furniture Making
- Certificate II & III Hospitality
- Certificate II in Automotive Voc Prep
- Certificate II in Construction Pathways
- Certificate II in Salon Assistant
- Certificate II in Logistics
- Certificate II in Retail Services